It is with great pleasure that we thank each one of you for your valuable contribution to the success of the “Public Health Congress on Maritime Transport and Ports 2022: sailing to the post-COVID-19 era” by submitting your abstract.
In order to successfully submit your work, you are kindly requested to follow the guidelines below.
Abstracts must be submitted ONLY ONLINE through this website.
Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
New Abstract Submission Deadline: 11th September, 2022
Acceptance Notification: 25th September, 2022
Please make sure to read carefully the following guidelines before proceeding with the preparation and submission of your abstract. When you are ready for the submission, please proceed with the completion of the Online Abstract Submission Form and the completion and upload of your abstract in Microsoft Word.docx format using the journal template for abstracts. Download HERE the Official MSF Template in order to prepare your Abstract accordingly.
- Corresponding Author
The Abstract Submission Form should be completed by the author who will be responsible for all correspondence (correct email is really important).
The official language of the Congress will be English, so all abstracts must be prepared, submitted and presented in English.
All abstracts must be allocated to a specific Topic. For a complete listing of abstract Topics, see below:
- Environmental health and hygiene
- Prevention of foodborne, waterborne and vector - borne diseases
- Norovirus gastroenteritis, COVID-19, influenza and other vaccine - preventable diseases
- Crew occupational health
- Cross-border health threats related to maritime transport sector
- Preparedness and response to infectious diseases
Note: Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
Indicate your preference for Oral or ePoster presentation.
- Text Body
Length: the abstract’s text body should not exceed 1200 words. The main text may include tables, figures, and references. When a table/ figure is included, then the text body should not exceed 1200 words.
Upload the file of your abstract in Microsoft Word.docx format using the journal template for abstracts. Download HERE the Official MSF Template in order to prepare your Abstract accordingly
(After successful uploading the note “1 file(s) uploaded” should appear underneath).
All Abstracts should be prepared in Microsoft Word.docx format using the following journal (MSF) template.
Download HERE the Official MSF Template in order to prepare your Abstract accordingly
Important Note: Apart from uploading your abstract as an attached file please also insert (copy) your abstract’s Text Body in the Summary Section of the online platform.
Find HERE the step by step instructions for submitting your abstract in the SHIPSAN platform.
- Authors are requested to check their abstracts thoroughly before submission. The abstract, if approved for presentation, will be published as submitted. However, authors may edit the details of their abstract until the deadline for abstract submission, in case they need to make any important corrections or changes in the abstract(s) they have already submitted, through the link that will be provided by email*.
- Authors should not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- The Abstract Review Committee may reject an abstract and not review it, if it does not ad here to the above guidelines. Therefore, authors must strictly adhere to the above guidelines, otherwise abstracts cannot be considered for presentation. Such abstracts will be rejected, and the author will not be informed.
- The corresponding (submitting) author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission (submission implies that the corresponding author has received approval from co-authors).
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges authors’ acceptance for the abstract to be published in all official congress publications/ material.
Notes to Remember
- Abstracts must be original. Abstracts already presented and published, will not be accepted.
- For any abstract submitted for presentation, the Registration Fee for at least one of the authors must be paid upon acceptance of the abstract.
- Contact/ Queries: For any further information or clarification regarding your abstract submission you may contact the Organizing/ Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information and assistance
After online submission you will receive (by e-mail) an "Abstract Submission Number" indicating that your abstract has successfully been submitted. This number must be referred to in all correspondence. Please print or save this receipt on your computer, as it will serve as a confirmation of successful abstract submission.
If you do not receive this automatic email immediately after your submission, your abstract has not been submitted properly (registered in the database). In this case you are kindly requested to repeat the procedure or contact the Organizing Bureau/ Secretariat (email@example.com) for further information and assistance.
The corresponding author will be notified with reference to the approval or rejection of the submitted abstract(s) by email*
*email address completed in the online form by the corresponding author during the abstract submission
The Proceedings of the Congress will be published in